People and Organisations (60 Credits)
Choose your course option
- University Undergraduate (Level 3) Full Course Materials and Assignments
- Unlimited tutor support
- Recognised Ofqual Qualification
About the course
Do you want to gain essential leadership knowledge and skills needed to engage, motivate and manage a team? The Level 3 Foundation Diploma in People and Organisations has been designed to provide learners with a flexible, relevant course to gain knowledge and understanding about the structure, values and behaviours of organisations and the management of people.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills required to succeed in employment or further studies.
The learners will:
• Develop a body of knowledge about people, organisations and employment in a range of sectors.
• Develop a range of knowledge, facts, theories, ideas, skills, materials, terminology, practices and techniques about, and associated with people and organisations and employment.
• Develop self-confidence and skills required for the working environment and organisations and employment.
• Improve communication skills and personal effectiveness that will provide a basis for growth in employment and or in further study.
Examples of University Progression
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Derby
- University of Lincoln
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
Organisation Structures and their Culture and Values
- Understand organisational structures.
- Understand the organisational environment.
- Understand the ethics of an organisation.
- Understand how organisational culture and values are developed.
Principles of Organisational Planning
- Understand organisational resource requirements.
- Understand the need for organisational planning.
- Understand the planning cycle for organisations.
- Understand the importance of risk management to organisations.
- Understand the processes to measure organisational performance.
Managing Human Resources
- Understand the factors involved in human resource planning in organisations.
- Understand the recruitment and selection process.
- Understand how organisations motivate employees.
- Understand the importance of managing employee performance.
Personal and Professional Development
- Understand what personal and professional development is.
- Know how to identify strengths and needs in relation to own planned job role.
- Understand how to plan and produce own professional development plan.
- Understand opportunities for professional development.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of working in a team to complete a task.
- Understand the need for a team to work to an agreed code of conduct.
- Know how to recognise the different strengths, skills and experiences different people bring to a team.
- Understand how to allocate roles and responsibilities within the team in relation to a given task.
- Understand how to reflect on the performance of a team
Leadership and Management Skills
- Understand the difference between leadership and management.
- Understand leadership and management styles and theories.
- Understand the role, functions and responsibilities of management.
- Understand the principles of effective decision making.
The Level 3 Foundation Diploma in People and Organisations has 6 modules and 6 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The assignment unit titles that students need to complete for the Level 3 course are:
- Organisation Structures and their Culture and Values
- Principles of Organisational Planning
- Managing Human Resources
- Personal and Professional Development
- Leadership and Management Skills
More information about the Level 3 units can be found here: https://www.othm.org.uk/doc/specification-jan21/OTHM_L3_Foundation_Diploma_in_People_and_Organisations_spec_2021_01.pdf